A dental crown is a tooth-shaped “cast” that is placed over a tooth to cover the tooth in order to restore its shape, size and to improve its appearance. Crowns are cemented into place and fully encase any part of the tooth that is above the gum line.
Dental crowns are needed for the following reasons:
1. To protect a weak tooth from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth
2. To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
3. To cover and support a tooth with a large filling that can no longer be maintained by a filling
4. To hold a dental bridge in place
5. To cover misshapened or severely discolored teeth or teeth that have had a root canal
6. To cover a dental implant
7. To make cosmetic modification
At Hilltop Dental, we pride ourselves in providing the absolute best experience to all of our patients. We take the time to explain each procedure to our patients in great detail as well as answer any questions or concerns that they may have.
Please contact us for any additional questions!